jaguarpc.com

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Sep 15 13:50:01 EDT 2008

Jim Sims wrote:
> I'm trying to evaluate jaguarpc.com for rev cgi hosting BUT
> I cannot even reach them!!
>
> Other web sites work just fine.
>
> I think they are in Texas - maybe they are in hurricane alley?
>
> Can anyone reach them?

They're in Houston, yes. My site, which is hosted by them, is still up
and was never disrupted. Their member announcement says they had to go
on generator power for several hours but that all their backup and
re-routing contingencies worked as planned. Their forum also says they
gave their staff the option of leaving town beforehand so it is likely
that they are just in the process of coming back and are behind.

I've been very pleased with their service. They recently implemented an
unlimited amount of data storage on web sites, within reason. ("Don't
upload your entire mp4 library" was their comment.) My CGIs work great,
by the way, I never had any of those missing-library issues with them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com