GLX2 on Rev 3.0

Jesse Sng jsng at wayoflife.org
Sat Sep 13 09:14:41 EDT 2008

>Jesse,
>
>You need the latest version of GLX2 to run with Rev 3.0. You can get
>the latest release or beta version from the GLX2 Help menu, or by
>going to the GLX2 support site (shown in sig below) and downloading
>the GLX2 Installer.
>
>If you are not on the GLX2 support site, yet, you will need to sign
>up. Let me know if  you have any problems.
>
>Best,
>
>Jerry Daniels

Ah, ok. Thanks!

By the way Jerry, I was on Rev 2.9x and am in the tail end of a
project and I was busy trying to ship the code and shake off the last
few bugs when I encountered some strange behaviour in GLX2.

What happened was that I had commented out some code while testing
and I had compiled it multiple times when trying to test it. What
happened was that it continued to execute as if it was never
commented out.

This took me in a very big circle for a while as we were trying to
figure out why something was called twice in a row even though the
code only reflected that it was being called once. I finally decided
to force the editor to compile repeatedly in sequence and it seemed
to now reflect the correct code.

Thereafter, I decided finally to delete away all the code. This threw
me off quite a bit because the code was saying one thing but the
behaviour of the app reflected something else. Eventually I fixed it
by switching back to the Rev editor and then back to GLX2 and I was
asked whether I wanted to use the previously cached compiled code or
to compile the latest code and of course I asked for the latest.

I'm not sure if you had encountered this issue before, but it seems
like it is possible under certain cases where you can have the cached
code out of sync with the actual code in the editor.

Jesse