Zipping an application package by script

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Sep 11 03:15:19 EDT 2008

Is is possible that you reversed the parameters? The "tar" output file
comes first, then the remaining parameters are files / folders to
include.

tar -cf MyApplication.app MyApplication.tar

=>

tar: MyApplication.app: Cannot open: Is a directory

tar -cf MyApplication.tar MyApplication.app

=>

success!