Zipping an application package by script

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Tue Sep 9 20:49:23 EDT 2008

So here's my problemo:

I want to back up a REV .app package in MacOSX Leopard and send it to
an FTP server. But I need to squash the whole thing for upload first.

1. I've been using the zip functions in Rev, but one has to handle
each file separately and just keep track, or just turn the internal
hierarchy into a flat folder. RevZip has no provision for maintaining
folder structure. Does anyone know how to create (or where to
include) a 'playlist' for a rev-zip file that can tell an unzipper to
preserve the folders? How is that done?

2. Using zip from the shell has problems - it doesn't want to see any
.DS_Store nonsense, or for that fact anything else with duplicate
names, even in different folders. I don't want to have to modify the
content this way to make it work.

3. I have yet to find an Applescript that I could use that selects
and engages the "Compress" item in the file menu of the finder, but
if I could make that work that would be Marvey.

surely someone has solved this....
--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o