secure FTP

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Sep 3 13:51:21 EDT 2008

Alex Tweedly wrote:

> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> But we do have nearly everything else:  most common HTTP and FTP calls
>> are one-liners in Rev, and we have raw sockets supported with syntax
>> that makes them easier to use than Apple events so we can build chat
>> clients and just about anything else you can think of.
>>
> Do we have raw sockets ?
> I thought it was still only TCP and UDP sockets, but I don't yet have
> the 3.0 beta.

Good catch.  My post would have been more clear had I written: "...we
have access to TCP and UDP in a form open reasonably open and flexible
enough to write routines for most common protocols and invent out own
custom protocols as needed."

What level of socket support do you need that isn't available right now?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal