Raising admin rights on Vista

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Sep 1 09:58:55 EDT 2008

On Sep 1, 2008, at 9:26 AM, Eric Chatonet wrote:

> Trevor,
>
> Actually your last point may be done with any installer :-)

Right. But you said you already have an exe running and I'm not aware
of how you could elevate the privileges of an already running exe.
This allows you to run an exe elevated.

> Using a Rev exe instead in the way you say could sound good but the
> problem, in such a case, is weight: I'll end with, at least a 2 MB
> exe :-(

That is why I use a VBS file :-) I imagine it wouldn't be too much
work to write a command line application (not using Rev) that did what
you need. The footprint would be small.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore