Andre the guru - (was 'update ebmcbt)

chris livermore contact at kipmedia.com
Thu Oct 30 19:13:16 EDT 2008

actually Andre's miss-post was quite timely;
I've followed the rev list as a consistent newbie for some years.
Recently, I've launched two large online mental health training
programs to all general practitioners in Australia, via official
channels. The interface is a small Flash shell with a complex Rev
engine, db etc behind the scenes.
Having read Andre's interesting posts over the years, and realising
that I needed a 'proper' programmer, I contracted him and away we
went. 10 months later the projects have come to fruition, with around
20 people employed (actors/director/writers/designers etc) it was
nice to know the programming was under control.

Andre hates being called a guru and he'll probably dislike me sending
this post...... but he is!
There may be some benefits to the REv community re: our Rev
components, but I'll leave that up to Andre to offer/describe. I've
learned a lot from Andre's code, I don't think I've ever built in
error or safety mechanisms into my newbie scripts.

Thanks go to the Rev community as well for help on a number of
queries. I'm still amazed at how fast our CGIs create/deliver on the
fly!

I won't supply links to the actual training environment, however, a
blurb for each project can be found here;
http://www.psychiatry.unimelb.edu.au/open/projects.html

cheers

P.S. thanks to Sivakatirswami too for some early advice!

chris

Chris Livermore
Office for Psychiatric Education & Newmedia
Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne
Orygen Youth Health

medical multimedia education & training