OT: Using Windows Flag Logo

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 14:58:01 EDT 2008

My company [MAGWITCH EOOD] has a logo registered in Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Some crafty kid who thinks he's learning English from me has printed out a load of T-shirts for the kids I teach and is flogging them around (and making a fairly decent profit, bless him); with my logo and the predictable "I learn English with . . . " (in Bulgarian). Should I take this kid, or his Pa, to court: of course I shouldn't; he advertises my operation and shows that he has learnt something that most Bulgarians are taking a lifetime to workout: work for yourself, rather than propping up stinking state enterprises.

I suppose that MicroSquash and Co. will only jump on you if you use their precious logo to detract from them. How using their logo to show that your standalone will run on their operating system should worry them, I just don't know.

There's nothing like a bit of commonsense, rather than fiddle-faddling.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.