simulate keystroke

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Oct 27 15:15:18 EDT 2008

> The results of this can be inconsistent. The engine only checks the
> mouse state at the exact moment the line of script is running, which is
> usually just a fraction of a millisecond; that is, if the user clicks
> the mouse quickly and the "mouse is down" check isn't the line that is
> running at that precise instant, the mouse state will not be evaluated.
> A quick mouse press will often be missed.

True but in many/most? cases of cancel buttons I've come across (not just in
Rev apps) a quick mouse click almost never has the desired effect and you
typically have to hold the mouse button down for extended periods - so I
guess I'm used to it.

--
Dr Terry Judd
Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)

61-3 8344 0187