Editing groups and mouse messages

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Oct 17 15:56:59 EDT 2008

On Oct 17, 2008, at 3:17 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Chipp's thread went into that in detail, but in short all the icons
> are in a group and turning on the relayerGroupedControls (necessary
> to relayer stuff without a group without using editBackground) and
> then setting the layer causes the icon group to become a member of
> the highest other icon group, so this:

While this is true there is a technique that you can use to reorder
controls within groups without editing the group.  If you find that
edit the group is indeed what is causing the problem with messages and
you want to try another approach then I have some general routines for
relayering controls while not messing up hierarchy. Just contact me
off-list. The routines are:

MoveControlAfterControl
MoveControlBeforeControl
MoveControlToBeginningOfGroup