I want to go to a different card of another stack. This works but not always in my script?!

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Oct 16 16:46:48 EDT 2008

Bonsoir William,

Le 16 oct. 08 à 21:12, William de Smet a écrit :

>     if the hilite of btn "Y" of cd i of stack "X" is true
>     then put the short name of cd i of stack "X" into ab
>     then put ab into fld "C" of stack "X"

I go late in this thread but there is something I don't understand in
your code:
What is this 'if' followed by two 'then'?
There is something weird here ;-)

Every 'if' can have a 'then' only (and possibly and 'end if'):
I would understand:

if the hilite of btn "Y" of cd i of stack "X" [is true] then -- *
     put the short name of cd i of stack "X" into ab
    put ab into fld "C" of stack "X"
end if

But, to be frank, not the form you use.

*  I put brackets here to indicate that you could simplify your code
and omit 'is true':
A condition is always evaluated to true or false then adding 'is
true' is redundant :-)

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.