Gradient GUI tool?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Oct 15 13:42:09 EDT 2008

Hi Richard,

FWIW, I'd rather the team focus on getting a decent table object put
together. If I need gradients for buttons, I'll use ButtonGadget,
Photoshop or other tool of choice. I've never even seen a gradient
used in a field, and can't envision a case where I'd want such a
thing. I understand about 'rules,' but it's a plain fact different
objects have different properties, not only in Rev but also most all
other OOP environments.

I'd rather have separate blendlevels for controls outside the stack
blendlevel-- as it stands now, if you create a stack which is
partially transparent, all the controls on it are also partially
transparent. I'd like to make some of them more opaque.

It shouldn't be hard to create a simple tool which creates a gradient
and applies it as the bgPattern of a field or other object-- of course
it wouldn't scale correctly with the object, but it's a start.

Just my (not asked for) 2 cents on the topic...

-C