Gradient GUI tool?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 15 10:50:55 EDT 2008

Thanks to all who patiently answered my question as though it was from a
sane person.  Very gracious of you. :)

Sure enough, once I re-read the docs to learn that gradients are only
available for graphic objects, I was able to find Rev's Gradient tool
easily.  It's a nice one.

This raises a question, though:  Why are gradients limited to graphics?

I can think of a million places I'd like to use subtle gradients as the
background fill for buttons and even a few fields.

All objects in Rev share the same appearance properties:
backgroundPattern, backgroundColor, etc.

Except now, with gradients.

So now we have another "sometimes" rule, one more exception for
newcomers to learn.

And we have no gradients for buttons and fields.

Any of you file a request to have gradients implemented across all
controls?  If not, I'll file one...

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal