persistent objects in runrev (howto)

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Oct 14 15:52:20 EDT 2008

Hello,

I think we've been doing this for some years, right? I've stored not
only stacks but whole applications inside customprops and other binary
containers. This is actually quite common, people store fonts, images,
all kinds of assets, even stacks in binary blobs. With the RevZip we
can even store whole folder structures inside a custom property.

Now with Revolution 3.0 cute arrays, we can create object like
structures and persisting them is just a matter of some back/front
script loading and saving them. You can save stuff to sqlite binary
blobs or valentina, and store your stacks in your own embeded
database... now if we only had parent scripts or someway to tie script
events to accessing array elements, then it would be cool

Am I missing something?

andre