Rev 3.0 crashing on OS X too (as well as Vista and Linux)

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 15:21:07 EDT 2008

Having moved to using Rev 3 on OS X, I thought things were better.  At least
I wasn't getting daily crashes.  But today I had to force kill Rev twice
when it stopped responding (it had sent the cpu to 100% for minutes at a
time).  All I was doing was editing a script.  And whilst I'd had plenty of
problems with the new Rev 3 script editor in the past, today I was using
GLX2.  So, I don't feel inclined to blame either script editor.  It is the
engine/IDE that is the problem.

Later, whilst creating a very simple stack to test out an idea (2 fields, 2
short handlers in 1 of the fields), I used the mouse to move one of the
fields a little to the right.  Rev crashed.

This is just unacceptable.  No-one expects software to be bug-free.  But
I've heard for years how 'the engine is rock solid'.  Well, if that's so how
come it crashes so often doing totally trivial tasks.  And across 3
different operating systems and 3 different pieces of hardware?  And it's
not even as though I've been working on the same stack when these crashes
occur.

I'm so sick of this.  The crash report will be going in to bugzilla, for
those deluded few who believe Rev is rock solid.

Bernard