"Seamless Tiles Generator 2" updated

Wilhelm Sanke, FB01 sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Oct 12 14:36:21 EDT 2008

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com wrote:

> I have only been using Revolution for less than a year now and before
> that I used hyperCard.  I know about MetaCard but I thought it was
> replaced by Rev.  So where do I get the MetaCard IDE and after I
> get it how do I install it properly?

> I have noticed others on the list mention they use MetaCard too.  Will
> someone please explain why people use MetaCard even though they
> keep using the latest version of Rev.

> thanks,
> -=>JB<=-

Hi -=>JB<=-,

as you asked on this list, I'll give a short reply here:

The proper place to get information about and discuss the MC IDE ("an open
source alternative development environment for Revolution's programming
language") are two lists, one of which is indeed maintained by RunRev.

You find the free archives of the Metacard list under

<http://mail.runrev.com/pipermail/metacard/> and can subscribe to this list
(costfree) at
<http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/metacard>.

Then there is a Yahoo list

where you can get the different versions of and help for the MC IDE in the
"files" section.

The chairman of the MC-user group as a subgroup of Revolution users is Klaus
Major, whom you will have surely noticed on this use-revolution list. Formerly,
Richard Gaskin filled this important position.

It should be duly noted that the MC-IDE users thankfully acknowledge that the
Revolution team maintain the compatibility of new Rev engines with the MC IDE. I
think this was part of the parcel negotiated at the time when Revolution
purchased the Metacard engine.

I use both IDEs when developing, with a preference for the MC IDE. I personally
get a much better workflow with MC. If you are interested, you could discuss
details offlist or on the Metacard list.

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>