AW: How does RunRev finds externals when building the standalone? --> SOLVED!

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Sat Oct 11 05:52:53 EDT 2008

Hi Ruslan,
finally we got it! After I didn't got the database drivers folder created, I
didn't tried to build the deployment anymore. You were right, it worked
already only with the v4rev.bundle. Now I also found out how to get the
database drivers bundle bound. I had to check in the standalone settings
beside Valentina2 also the database script library.
For those who will follow this thread someday building a Rev-Valentina Mac
standalone on Win XP, here is the compendium:
First follow the Valentina install instructions. Now follow these steps for
Universal standalone on Win XP:
Create dir: .../Runtime/MAC OS X/Universal/Externals
Put bundle: .../Runtime/MAC OS X/Universal/Externals/V4REV.bundle (copied
from V4Rev_3 folder on Mac, after having installed V4Rev_3 on Mac)
Create file: .../Runtime/MAC OS X/Universal/Externals/Externals.txt (content
one line: Valentina2,v4rev.bundle) don't take the TXTs from Win!
Create dir: .../Runtime/MAC OS X/Universal/Externals/Database Drivers
Put bundle: .../Runtime/MAC OS X/Universal/Externals/Database
Drivers/dbvalentina2 (copied from V4Rev_3 folder on Mac, after having
installed V4Rev_3 on Mac)
Create file: .../Runtime/MAC OS X/Universal/Externals/Database
Drivers/Database Drivers.txt (content one line: Valentina2,dbvalentina2)
Select in the standalone app settings of your stack:
Script libraries: Database and Valentina2
Database Support: Valentina2
When building the deployment on Mac, after having dragged the script and the
stack into the terminal window: add a backslash after your .app !!!
Note that the "Database Drivers" folder in .../Runtime/MAC OS
X/Universal/Externals/Database Drivers is named without underscore but in
the Mac standalone package it gets automatically an underscore
"database_drivers".
P.S. not directly related: the db name in the rev stack should be named with
the ".vdb" extension. On Win not needed, but the Mac standalone likes it
better with it
Thanks for your support and patience!
Tiemo