strange char translation from intel to ppc
bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 05:18:20 CDT 2008
Sorry Mark, it will have to wait. I went back to use Rev 3.0 on Vista
(since I thought that was crashing less than on Linux so I might be able to
do this simple task before it crashed). I created a new stack, copied over
the custom property, checked the cp was there, closed the property
inspector, and Rev crashed. I hadn't saved the damn stack. If anyone
doesn't believe me, just ask, and I'll submit the useless crash log to RQCC.
I'm too angry with Rev 3.0 to ever switch it on again in Windows or Linux.
Thank god I got my powerbook repaired. Using that I was just starting to
regain some composure and had stopped hating Rev.
When I'm feeling calmer I will try to make the demo stack using 2.8.1 on
Windows. That was a far more reliable version for me.
On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Bernard Devlin <bdrunrev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks guys for the suggested workarounds. I might just send Mark a stack
> which would show the problem - he seems to have an insatiable desire to hunt
> down bugs and squash them. I already mentioned to him in passing some of my
> scripting practices and I think he barely contained his horror. This
> current practice no doubt confirms his belief that I am beyond redemption.
More information about the use-livecode