strange char translation from intel to ppc

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Oct 9 05:03:17 EDT 2008

Bernard,

If your theory holds true (and it sounds plausible - that custom
property names are subject to translation but not the property
contents), one possible workaround would be to base64Encode() your
array keys.

It's not terribly elegant, but any base64 encoded key value should
survive the translation and then you can decode it again yourself.
Something like:

## encode myArray into encodedArray

repeat for each line tKey in keys(myArray)
   put myArray[tKey] into encodedArray[base64Encode(tKey)]
end repeat

..

## decode encodedArray into myArray

repeat for each line tKey in keys(encodedArray)
   put encodedArray[tKey] into myArray[base64Decode(tKey)]
end repeat

NOTE: base64Encode will increase the size of your keys, as it will for
example need 4 bytes to encode 3 bytes. Hopefully you don't have huge
keys where this would be a big issue.