strange char translation from intel to ppc

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Oct 9 04:59:30 EDT 2008

Hi Bernard,

Since those characters 29 and 30 are lower ASCII, there shouldn't be
any encoding problems. Do you want to send me a very simple, very
small stack that shows the same problem?

For whatever it is worth,

   put numtochar(30) is mactoiso(numtochar(30))

returns true.

I do indeed wonder whether non-alphanumerics can be used for keys of
arrays. I haven't looked this up, though. It seems to take more than a
few clicks to find this information.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz
Dutch forum: http://runrev.info/rrforum/

Benefit from our inexpensive hosting services. See http://economy-x-talk.com/server.html
  for more info.

On 9 okt 2008, at 10:45, Bernard Devlin wrote:

> Bonjour Eric,
>
> I think the problem may be that I'm using these characters within
> the keys
> of an array, then storing the array as a custompropertyset.  Whilst
> these
> characters are not strictly alphanumeric, since they are ascii, I
> didn't
> think there would be a problem.  But perhaps because they are not the
> content of the array, there is still an isoToMac conversion going
> on.  And
> since their numerical value is below 128, I think maybe they are being
> mis-translated as per the bug I referenced.

<snip>