VISTA Printing Woes

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 00:47:15 EDT 2008

Hello,

A 2.9-built standalone's printing function suddenly no
longer works -- kind of.

Looking thru the archives, a likely culprit is Vista.

Anyway. I say "kind of", cause I did finally manage
to get a print-out when I over-rode my printer's
"automatic paper-tray selection" option and, instead,
manually selected "front-loading tray". And only the
"frond-loading tray" option words; none of the other
three in-built trays works when selected.

The (Ipsio) printer is on a network, and MS-Office
applications (Word, Excel) have no problems
printing. Oh, and I'm on a Japanese version of
Vista.

By the way. The problem also occurs with the Rev
development environment.

Hopefully, someone has more info on this problem.
But I'm posting mostly to offer a possible work-around.

Cheers,

Nicolas Cueto