USB barcode scanner?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 14:21:50 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 12:28 AM, Tim Ponn <alptex2 at orwell.net> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Can anybody recommend a usb barcode scanner that I can get to work with rev?
>  I using rev 2.81 and a Mac.  I've got my POS app working nicely now and
> it's time for the next step...adding a scanner.

As the others have said, any scanner that operates in keyboard wedge
mode will be fine. A lot of them come with cables sold separately, so
don't forget to specify that you want USB. I recommend a scanner with
multiple scan lines - it easier to use as the barcode doesn't have to
be positioned so exactly.

I have used scanners made by Unitech and by Datalogic, both with Macs
& Revolution applications.

Cheers,
Sarah