AW: question of method for update my app

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Nov 26 14:15:27 EST 2008

Dear Tiemo :-)

Yes, I have not added to this tutorial a checksum feature:
Actually, it would be welcome to ensure the process as it is done in
the Rev installer itself but there was enough topics in this tutorial
to not add something more... and stay understandable by all.

On the other hand and practically, I never encountered any problem
when downloading.
Of course it may depend on user's connection reliability.
But I think you could let this apart, at least for a first run :-)

Le 26 nov. 08 à 19:55, Tiemo Hollmann TB a écrit :

> Hello Eric,
> yes, I have read your tutorial and it is very helpful indeed.
> And for 3, do I care about something what you don't have to care
> about,
> because it never runs wrong?
> With adding a checksum you mean to compare the file size before and
> after
> transfer? But you sound like you would never do that and it is not
> necessary
> :)
> Thanks
> Tiemo
>

>>> 3. What is the appropriate approach to verify, that the download and
>>> replacement of all files was successful? Perhaps a file could be
>>> accidentially in use and could not be replaced, or the file
>>> transfer didn't
>>> transferred the total bytes and the old file is being replaced by a
>>> corrupted file?
>>
>> As for 3, you could add a checksum.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.