Unicode from Variable?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Nov 24 20:45:24 EST 2008

Recently, Phil Davis wrote:

> Thanks for asking the questions, Scott. I'm interested in clarity here
> too since I'll be working with Arabic again in the next few months, and
> am still a Unicode lightweight.

You want questions?  I got a truck-load of 'em...

For instance...  I have characters from several languages in the text I'm
working with: Roman, French (accented), Chinese, and Russian.  When I set
the unicodeText of a field to the text, the accented French characters
render incorrectly.  Looking in the source text file, it appears the
original French characters may have been reformatted when saving the file as
UTF-16.  Is there any way to keep the French characters intact within the
unicode text?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director