Tablet PC And Rev

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Nov 21 14:17:28 EST 2008

Hello Tim,

>Anyone try using Rev with a Tablet PC lately. I don't have one of
>these machines but I have a client who is thinking of getting one.
>There hasn't been any discussion on the list about these devices
>recently but in some older posts there were issues with stylus input
>into Rev fields. Is that still an issue? Are there other issues
>related to the touch screen? Is it possible to accommodate the screen
>twisting and changing orientation at runtime? Any comments on Tablet
>PC and Rev from someone with experience is greatly appreciated.

I have been using a Motion M1300 TPC as my primary Revolution
hardware platform since 2005...running RRv2.6.1 and deploying on
various Windows boxes with no problem.

However, and I say this having not seen RRv3, Revolution lacks smooth
handling of TPC Control Panel input and is deficient in several other
areas.  The issues are documented in my bug report #3252 at RR.com's
Quality Control Center,
<http://www.runrev.com/support/quality-control-center>.  If you have
further questions after reading the bug report, please post them.

If you would like a set of demo stacks that includes handlers to deal
with _some_ TPC comparability.issues, contact me privately.

My (perviously-posted) comments in a nutshell: "The pen is mightier
than the mouse!"

My caveat: Don't buy a "convertible" TPC with an attached keyboard;
buy a "slate" TPC and leave the keyboard in its box.

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company