Changing the Rev Icon

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Nov 10 14:13:57 EST 2008

In my haste, I realized I hadn't really answered completely. It sounds
like what you want to do is save stack files from a Rev-produced
application and use them as documents for that application, not for
Rev. At least this is a situation in which you might want to do what
you're describing.

When you set your Standalone Applications Settings you have the option
to designate a document icon. It has to be .icns format for Mac
and .ico for Windows. But the OS also has to somehow be told to use
that icon. In order for that to happen you'll have to save the stack
using a different file extension, and, if you're on a Mac, set the
stackFileType property. Windows users may need to chime in for tips on
how to force the OS to recognize the icons in your stack documents.

HTH again.

Devin