Running Mac-developed stacks on a PC

Martin Baxter mb.userev at harbourhosting.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 10:16:15 EST 2008

Mark Smith wrote:
> This is bug 3681 - macToIso() does not return correct results...
>
> Best,
>
> Mark

I think it may depend what you think the function is for.

The conclusion I came to when I looked at this was that the intention of
the function is to convert *human-readable* characters. Historically,
fonts have naughtily used some 1-31 character positions for visible
glyphs, so the function needs to convert these from Mac Roman to windows
1252 character codes.

For this reason, I have a policy never to pass mactoiso or isotomac any
text containing delimiters, but only the actual human-readable content,
chunk by chunk. Then there are no issues.

Martin Baxter

--
I am Not a Number, I am a free NaN