Copying standalone to PowerBook

mfstuart mfstuart at cox.net
Mon Nov 3 14:12:03 EST 2008

Hi all,
I'm having an issue with my standalone application "disappearing" on a
PowerBook after its first use.
The second launch of the application, it doesn't start.

Here's what I did...
I developed an application on WinXP with RunRev v3.0.
Built the standalones for: PowerPC, Intel, and Windows; with the default
values in the application settings for each platform.
Copied each of the 3 standalone folders onto a USB 1GB drive.
Took it to the PowerBook, and copied the "MacOSX PowerPC-32" folder to the
Applications folder using Finder.
Clicked on the "application.app" folder (under the above folder) and the
application launched. So far no problem.

I kept the Finder open to the "application.app" folder. It showed that the
application file size was 3.1 MB, on first launch of the application.
Now while using the application, the file size changed to 92 KB.
I then closed the application, and tried launching it again, and nothing -
it wouldn't load.

It seems as though the application was deleted.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Mark Stuart

ps: Do I have to use an installer to get things in the proper
place/configuration to make it work correctly on Mac OSX platform?
Where Windows is just a copy and run the application.
BTW: I'm brand new to MacOS.