Rev CGI - transfer from http to https

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sat Nov 1 12:29:44 EDT 2008

This is probably simple to do, but I'm not familiar with the process.

Let's say I have a simple unsecured html form page (i.e. http://..)
which captures, for example, a users desire to buy a given product.
The form is submitted to my Rev CGI program. The program then sends
back a dynamically-generated page which contains fields for capturing
credit card information. I want this page to be a secure page, though
(https:). How do I make this page come up as an https, since it was
created on-the-fly?

I already have a secure area of my web site, and I know I can easily
have the first page (the static form page) start off in this secure
area. Then everything that follows remains secure. But I prefer to
have the first static page be unsecure (http).

Thanks.
Richard Miller