integrating rsync with Rev

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri May 30 05:46:26 EDT 2008

Done a bit more research - rsync is available for Windows - but AFAIK it
requires cygwin, whcih does mean that to distribute with Rev is not as
simple as including a binary.

I've been looking at alternatives - the one I have used before on Linux and
Windows, OSX with Rev is Unison - binaries are available. It's basically
rsync, but lets you do it between two computers with an internet connection:

   - http://alan.petitepomme.net/projets/unison/index.html

I also found this programme which is Java - and can be run from commanline -
so can be used by Rev. It looks like it does not require installation on the
sserver and can do incremental backups to a NAS:

   - http://jfilesync.sourceforge.net/index.shtml