Good example/tutor for Valentina

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Thu May 29 13:28:34 EDT 2008

I agree with the instructions on the website. There should be a FAQ for all
the installation issues. But my install issues were not nearly so complex as
Kay C Lan's were. I just assumed that the install was a one step process. I
downloaded Valentina for RunRev. Double clicked it and hit "install" then I
went to RunRev, opened it and tried to do stuff. It was so terribly
frustrating because I thought that Valentina was installed. I didn't know
that there was a second step. That you had to find (inside the Paradigm
folder) a RunRev stack that needs to be run to finish the install process.
So every time I tried to connect (and all the amazing iterations I tried) it
just didn't work.
So to solve my new user problem there only needs to be a window that comes
up after you do the first part of the install that says "now go over to the
paradigm folder and double click the RunRev install stack and double click
that to finish the install process".

---

My second issue is that the PDF instructions are not included in the
excellent RunRev stack which shows how to use all the different "v" database
calls. So I just played around blind without reading about it first (which
is usually what I do anyway...)

Ruslan: Please don't worry about teaching people SQL. You can even put links
to resources for that. Just make the install process easier and then make
the how to use Valentina with RunRev instructions right there in the same
folder as the example stack.

I also think that an example RunRev stack accessing a fairly complex
database done by someone who knows Valentina would be pretty cool to have
for copying from. That is what I really want!  It could have a couple of
different search features and some report features. Perhaps even an example
of how your new reports are integrated with RunRev.