Is RunRev marketed to developers mainly?

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Thu May 29 11:50:18 EDT 2008

Thomas,

For the most part, I agree with your sympathies and, were I a full-
time developer, probably even more so. I, too, purchased SC, but
didn't find that it really offered me things I couldn't get from HC -
at that time - with a little more effort; something I really enjoyed.
Hey, I was up to my eye-brows in my own HC externals, and such, at
that time to the extent of being almost a full-time developer. I, too
- though reluctantly, work on both platforms these days, but I've
never actually succumbed to buying a PC. Awkward at times, and always
feel as if I'm walking on water with XP open - wondering if faith
alone will keep me afloat, and hating the fact that I still had to buy
an XP license from M$, but life goes on.

You're probably right, and I too would probably not have considered
Rev if it were Mac only, though it appears I will probably end up
using it that way. Thanks for your objectivity.

As a side note, with respect to searching for things - at least on
Macs - don't forget Spotlight's amazing search capabilities. I've used
it a number of times to locate specific items in Rev and other stuff.
Even my drawings where I have notes and on PDFs as well. Of course,
most of the time, you have to do a double barreled search once you
have a document open, and not all are as good at that as Adobe's PDFs.

Joe Wilkins