Question about revFontLoad

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Mon May 26 17:18:46 EDT 2008

I have started to use revFontLoad that loads an old, free,
distributable IPA font. I was thrilled that this actually works and it
has solved quite a few crucial problems in my work.

That said, the revFontUnload doesn't seem to work at all. Well, I must
assume I am doing it wrong. I thought a standalone that loads  an
embedded font must also be told to unload it when the standalone is
closed. Or does closing the the standalone automatically unload the
font from memory? I'd hate to think that my program loads a font into
memory and it stays there until reboot. But when in the script of my
close button I include the line

revFontUnload "myFont"

the standalone hangs and doesn't quit. But it does quit when I quit
from the Mac menubar (not the close button in the standalone.)

This brings me to a second question - in my standalone the close
button saves all substacks , but apparently choosing quit in the MacOS
menubar doesn't save anything. What must be done in order to have
quitting from the menu bar save changes as well?

Cheers,

Lars