PAYPAL [was] [ANN] The reason why I was so quiet recently.

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Mon May 19 11:33:22 EDT 2008

On 19 May 2008, at 16:24, Colin Holgate wrote:

> About PayPal and just using a credit card, yes, that's how a lot of
> sites are, but this one (wherever it is) only has options for
> signing into, or signing up for PayPal. There doesn't appear to be a
> way to do just credit card payment. Like others, most of my online
> purchases have involved eSellerate or Kagi, and those do allow use
> of credit cards without signing up for PayPal.

Yes,  it's an option when setting up the payment options to require
the payee to have an account. Why anyone would turn it on I don't
know. ;-(

> BTW, this in the FAQ is more funny than a lot of people will realize:
>
> Q: Can you prove Fermat's Last Theorem
> A: Yes, but I don't have the space to write the proof down here.

Only marginally... ;-)
I have to say it's the funniest FAQ I've seen for awhile.

I'm going to have a look at offering both PayPal and either Kagi or
eSellerate, then people can choose the one they prefer.

Ian