PAYPAL [was] [ANN] The reason why I was so quiet recently.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon May 19 11:33:29 EDT 2008

Neal Campbell wrote:
> I use Esellerate for my stuff (none of it is Revolution-based so need
> to find/write an Esellerate external) but I have been very happy with
> them.

What is the benefit of replicating the web payment form in the software?

It's easy enough to just pop open a browser to the payment page, and
since most folks have already made purchases over the web they're
comfortable using the the browser and understand what the Secure icon means.

But if a new software wants me to enter CC info, my first question is,
"Why don't they just let me use my browser?", my second question is,
"What are they going to do with that info?", and my third quesion is,
"How can I possibly know?"

Trust is a hard thing to earn.  For my own software, since the purchase
happens only exactly once but the features are used over and over, I put
the time into features and leave the payment to the software they
already trust.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation