PAYPAL [was] [ANN] The reason why I was so quiet recently.

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Mon May 19 11:24:15 EDT 2008

At 9:15 AM -0500 5/19/08, Marian Petrides, M.D. wrote:
>No problem when I switched to Firefox and attempted the same
>transaction.  Maybe you have a browser issue?

Of course, you mean THEY have a browser issue. I have no problem
using Safari, I enjoy it. But I will try Firefox when I work out the
next issue: where can you go to buy it? I got to the Buy Now page at
home, after using up the trial time, but I can't find a way to get
there without running out of trial time, not even by looking at the
site.

About PayPal and just using a credit card, yes, that's how a lot of
sites are, but this one (wherever it is) only has options for signing
into, or signing up for PayPal. There doesn't appear to be a way to
do just credit card payment. Like others, most of my online purchases
have involved eSellerate or Kagi, and those do allow use of credit
cards without signing up for PayPal.

BTW, this in the FAQ is more funny than a lot of people will realize:

Q: Can you prove Fermat's Last Theorem
A: Yes, but I don't have the space to write the proof down here.