Error with Quicktimeeffects.qtx - problem better identified

Robert Earp bob.earp at ashford.ca
Thu May 8 17:17:29 EDT 2008

Thanks Craig, you've most probably identified my next problem as I
have just managed to narrow the problem to a screen transition rather
than playing an audio file.  There are a number of things going on
when the error occurs, and it's now looking like it happens when I do
the following;

lock screen
unlock screen with visual effect dissolve

Another observation is that if I run the stand-alone .exe in the
Windows 98/Me Compatibility mode, on the PC  where we get the problem,
the error does not occur but I then don't get any audio playing.  Of
course, the latter may be the issue you have spoken about, and
besides, I really don't wish to run in this mode anyway!!

Why can't the world move to OS X..............

best, Bob...

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 15:22:03 +1000
> From: Craig McArthur <craigam at unimelb.edu.au>
> Subject: Re: Error with Quicktimeeffects.qtx identified
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
> This could be related to the fact that the record sound file command
> in rev
> on Windows is broken by QuickTime 7.4. The Enhanced QuickTime
> extension has
> been recompiled to fix some problems it was having with QT 7.4 also
> (thanks
> Trevor). Anyone know if the record function is to be fixed? Is it
> fixed in
> 2.9? I don¹t like mciSendString...
>
> Cheers
> Craig
>

> On 8/5/08 3:10 PM, "use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com"
> <use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> > When running a stack on an XP machine I get a Windows error
> reported as Error
> > Signature with the Modname as quicktimeeffects.qtx, a ModVersion
> of 7.4.5.67
> > and Offset 00035857 (whatever all of that means!!). I think the
> error happens
> > when an audio file is trying to start, but can't be sure. The
> weird thing is
> > I've only been getting this on one PC, others test OK. The stack
> is running
> > as a standalone.
> >
> > As far as I can tell the machine in question is in the same
> configuration as
> > others that are OK, and the latest version of QT is loaded.
> >
> > Anybody have any ideas??
> >
> > Tnx, Bob...
> >
> > Bob Earp - White Rock, British Columbia.

www.ashford.ca  www.cabinsimulators.com
Robert J. Earp - President
Ashford Technologies Inc.
18059 21A Ave, Surrey