OT - Contact manager in Rev or ??

Robert Earp bob.earp at ashford.ca
Thu May 8 16:56:45 EDT 2008

Thanks for the reply Bill.  I tried to keep the msg short as I know
how long it takes to wade through so much activity on this list.  Not
that I'm complaining !!

Simply, there's myself and at least one other colleague that needs to
manage customers/contacts from a project or marketing perspective.
With us both traveling we need to keep up to speed with each others
activities with customers, and also remind us to contact customers on
specific dates.  The information we need to share is be basic contact
info, notes that we would make when contacting the individual/company,
plus the ability to set reminders.

As Mark suggested, why not just script your own?  Yes, we could, but
I'd prefer not to as I have enough to do getting Rev to talk to
external devices plus working out the "idiosyncrasies" of runtime Rev
on Windoze vs. OS X ;-)

I'd be very interested in learning what your project has to offer and
helping test it for you, assuming it did what we are looking for, or
at least part.

best, Bob...

> Message: 29
> Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 21:59:50 -0700
> From: Bill Vlahos <bvlahos at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: OT - Contact manager in Rev or ??
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> Bob,
>
> There are a lot of different programs big and small that help manage
> contacts. What features are you looking for? The only features you
> describe here are that it is cross platform and can share the data.
> How do you want to share the data; between different people over the
> network or you on different computers?
>
> I will be showing a program called InfoWallet I am developing at
> RunRevLive this weekend that allows you to manage your contacts (and
> a lot more) in a secure and portable way.
>
> It is in first round beta testing and I'm about to open it up to a
> much larger group. I'll be sending an email to this list after
> RunRevLive if anyone is interested in participating in the beta.
>
> Bill Vlahos

www.ashford.ca  www.cabinsimulators.com
Robert J. Earp - President
Ashford Technologies Inc.