Continues flds

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 01:07:17 EDT 2008

On 5/7/08 9:15 PM, "John Tregea" <john at debraneys.com> wrote:

> Hi Hershel,
>
> I may have missed something in this thread but what is stopping you from just
> putting the text in appropriate sized chunks on a series of cards? NOt
> programatically, just cut and paste your total text into appropriate blocks
> across how ever many cards you need?
>
> Regards
>
> John T

You could also have Rav cast the text as images and make the user think they
were going card to card and all you would do is produce the slide show
(blending would be a nice touch to produce a transition)

import snapshot of the rect of the formattedtext of line 1 to 24 of field
displayText as JPEG

fld displayText would be off-screen, the 'last image' would be the new one,
you could set it to the layer behind the current visible on, then do a
blendLevel to reveal the new image, then delete the old one.

You could trigger forward and backward image snapshots.

BTW, is there a reason you don't just set the scroll of a field as the user
clicks, rather than card to card?

Jim Ault
Las Vegas