RunRev Accessibility

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Mon May 5 10:57:27 EDT 2008

Hiya all,

Does anyone know (spare me the testing!) whether apps made with RunRev
using ordinary controls are accessible to screen readers out of the
box? I have over the years implemented various accessibility modes in
apps using Rev—single-switch access comes to mind—but I've yet to
tackle screen-reader access in Rev. I know Hypercard wasn't accessible
because I had to implement a blind-access mode for a major application
back in the day when I worked at the Trace Center (http://
trace.wisc.edu), and I suspect Runtime Revolution isn't because—at
least in the beginning—'system' controls were emulated. But is that
still the case? on all platforms?

A client has a C application that has bogged down in development. I
know I can redo it in Rev and carry it forward expeditiously; however
there's a federal grant involved and furthermore the client is
committed to universal access.

Anyone have a clue?

tereza

--