When is a stack "really" loaded?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Mar 24 14:44:35 EDT 2008

On Mar 24, 2008, at 2:00 PM, Len Morgan wrote:

> Does that mean that I have to do something else (i.e., start using
> or go stack) if I want to actually do something "to" it?  For
> example, one of the stacks is my reports stack.  I run reports from
> a menu choice on the main stack.  I don't recall having to do
> anything to get this stack up and running but that might explain a
> lot of problems I've had with preOpen stack and such.

This depends on what you are doing with the stack. Getting/setting
custom properties doesn't require that you do anything else.

Some operations require that a stack be open rather than just being in
memory. For example, I use invisible stacks to overlay graphics on
images and export them to disk. This operation requires that the stack
is opened. In this case I call the following:

go invisible stack THE_STACK as palette

Start using is not necessary unless you need the stack script in the
message path.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore