When is a stack "really" loaded?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Mar 24 13:49:35 EDT 2008

On Mar 24, 2008, at 12:45 PM, Len Morgan wrote:

> I'm trying to go through a list of stack files (whos' names and
> versions come from a text file on the update server) to see if they
> need to be updated.  If there is a newer version, I copy the file
> from the update server to the local computer.  I'm using:
>
> put the cstkVersion of stack tCurrentStack into tLocalStackVersion

After executing this line of code the stack will be in memory but not
opened so no messages are sent to the stack (preopStack, openStack,
etc.).

Any operation that touches the stack in some way (including 'if there
is a stack SOME_STACK') will load the stack into memory.

You can then remove the stack from memory by calling 'delete stack
SOME_STACK'.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore