Sound on linux no workey

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Mar 20 14:06:06 EDT 2008

>> Rev only supports uncompressed sounds. If you try to play a
>> compressed sound file, you get the static noise you describe. You
>> should be able to play uncompressed .au, .aif, and .wav files.

> Thank you for your hint, I forgot that the files need to be
> uncompressed.
> However, the sound files are uncompressed 16-bit PCM audio files (they
> come with the standard ubuntu installation), so that can't be the
> problem.

If you haven't found a solution yet, one thing you might check is the
sampling rates of the sound files.  Way way back in Rev's history, it was
found that only "standard" sampling rates played reliably: 11K, 22K, 44K.  I
don't know if this has ever been updated or not, but as I said, may be worth
a test or two.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director