OOP in Rev...

viktoras didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Wed Mar 19 14:23:03 EDT 2008

this is the web page from which I started looking into MetaCard and
finally came to Revolution website a few years ago. One more interesting
thing Scot mentioned there is right before the paragraph about the
completion of OO features where he wrote about possibility to output
java bytecodes:

"A method for outputting Java byte-codes equivalent to MetaCard scripts
has been designed, but implementation has been delayed until the serious
performance, compatibility, and functionality limitations in Java have
been rectified. "

Nice idea :-).

Viktoras

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> ---
> I believe Mark Waddingham has hinted in the past that adding OOP
> extensions to Rev would be an interesting thing to do.  Even going
> back to when Scott Raney owned the engine, there were some ideas along
> these lines floating around -- see the bottom of this page:
> <http://www.metacard.com/pi5.html>
---