OOP in Rev...

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Wed Mar 19 09:02:10 EDT 2008

Putting the OOP vs rOOP discussion aside for a moment, I would love to
have the ability to create "new" GUI objects.  For example, consider a
fader for a mixing board.

It has a sliding "thumb" (like a scrollbar), usually a pan control at
the top, perhaps a VU meter next to the slider to show the signal (sort
of a progress bar), and a couple of text fields at the bottom for the
name of the channel (Guitar, Vocal, etc), and the current dB value of
the slider.  Such an object would have properties for current slider
position, set the VU meter level, set the pan position, etc.  I'd like
to be able to create this object and place it on a card just like a
button or field.

I suppose this could be done with a group (just about all of the
required pieces are there and could be manipulated with xTalk) but I
don't know of an easy way to store that "object" in such a way that I
could drop it on to a card.  Perhaps a future enhancement might be
"stack format" that could save just an object in it (.obj or .wid?).  I
don't think that would be too big a stretch.

Any ideas or comments?

len morgan