Card Script Not Firing

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Mar 18 11:08:40 EDT 2008

Hi Len,

If your stack is open yet, openStack or openCard have been already
sent and a simple navigation or changing stack's visible property
*does not* open the stack or the card.
Probably you could write an <update handler> in the script of your
dialog and use:

send "UpdateFromDB" to stack "IMS Configuration"
go stack "IMS Configuration"

Le 18 mars 08 à 15:52, Len Morgan a écrit :

> I feel so stupid today!  I have a stack that I use like a dialog
> that brings up several configuration fields in my app.  It is
> called from the menu button at the top of the app with:
>
> go stack "IMS Configuration"
>
> There is only one card on this stack.  I have just added a couple
> of fields that I need to query the database and get two numbers to
> put in the fields when the config stack is displayed.  I tried an
> "openStack" message (in both the stack and in the card scripts), I
> tried an "openCard" script.  None of them are getting called.
>
> I changed my "call" to go to card 1 of stack "IMS Configuration"
> and got the same result.
>
> What handler to I need to put and where so that every time the
> stack is opened, it can get the most up-to-date info from the
> database (actually, made visible - it's always open, just hidden)?
>
> I know this is Rev 101 kind of stuff but I'm a little stumped right
> now.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.