chortle

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Mar 17 17:54:16 EDT 2008

I must be easily amused on Mondays - I'm delighted by this gem I came across
today...

Had to diagnose an Outlook 2007 problem today, so I ran the diagnostics tool
from the menu. There was one startup item that wasn't installed, so the next
step in the diagnostic routine was to press the button that went online to
figure out the next step. That led me to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/diagnostichelp.aspx?ShowHelp=30,15,23,25,11,2
where I found the steps to correct my problem:

1. On the Tools menu, click Trust Center, and then click Privacy Options.
2. Select the Download a file periodically that helps determine system
problems check box.
3. Wait about a week to allow the file to be downloaded, and then run
Microsoft Office Diagnostics again.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net