Beware! GTX2 can cause problems

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 05:46:26 EDT 2008

>  Ran into this and it caused me no end of grief, I'm using two
>  versions of RunRev, 2.8.1.472 and the 2.9 Beta. I also use GTX2 and
>  this is where the confusion came in. If you edit a script in one
>  version of RunRev/GTX2, then open the Script in the version of RunRev/
>  GTX2, the changes don't appear! I think that GTX2 must be caching the
>  Script Source code somewhere that is Private to the Version of RunRev
>  you are currently using?

Assuming you mean GLX2, it does store your script as a work in
progress, so you do not have to get the script to a compilable form in
order to save it. However if you are editing a script using 2
different editors, GLX2 will monitor this. When you try to open a
script that has been edited in a different editor more recently that
in the GLX2 editor, you will get a dialog box asking you which version
you wish to keep. So long as you choose to keep the most recent
version, you will not lose any of your edits.

Cheers,
Sarah