Learn Programming in 1 Day

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Sun Mar 16 10:12:21 EDT 2008

On Mar 16, 2008, at 1:21 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Listen guys, my point, obviously not well made, was that making a bold
> claim works in getting people interested in one's product.

As has been proven here, and I already understand that point you made.
I like the kinds of advertising that says things like "nothing cleans
better than Our Brand!". That's a bold (pardon the pun) claim, but
does leave you the option of saying that no matter how many other
brands do clean better than yours, using "nothing at al" would also
clean better.

Of course, the advert isn't going to change now, not after being a big
success, but for the mental exercise of it, "Learn How to Program in 1
Day" might have been better. It's still pretty bold, and yet you can
be sure everyone will come away understanding how you program things,
which is different to implying that programming would have been
mastered.