Web Robots in Revolution

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Thu Mar 13 09:34:38 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a major research project that involves the analysis of
hundreds of thousands of news releases.  I've used Revolution to build
utility applications that will index news files that I've obtained
from Factiva, but now I'd like to expand my news sources.  I'm hoping
that you can advise me on the feasibility of building something in
Revolution that would submit multiple queries (e.g., news for 2005
having to do with patent rejections), extract the links to the hits,
then run through them and grab the individual stories to catalogue
them.  I can appreciate that it would have to be customized for each
news site.  Any insights on the general approach would be most
appreciated.

Regards,

Gregory Lypny

Associate Professor of Finance